Chihuahuas are a little dog breed known for their cute looks and gentle demeanor. As a result, it’s not a surprise to see that so many people seek out Chihuahua breeders to obtain these pups. Continue reading if you’re one of the several people that wish to own this breed as a companion.
This page shows a collection of the states and a breakdown of all the Chihuahua breeders in each area. It may be used as a guide if you’re looking for a Chihuahua breeder in your area. If you are in a particular state, you might locate its connection in the list beneath.
We wish you luck in finding your Chihuahua puppy!
- 1 List of Chihuahua Breeders
- 2 How to Choose a Good Chihuahua Seller and Breeder
- 3 What Is the Average Price of a Chihuahua Puppy in a Breeder?
- 4 Pros and Cons of Getting a Chihuahua Puppy From a Breeder
- 4.1 Pros
- 4.2 Cons
- 5 Summary
- 6 Resources
List of Chihuahua Breeders
- Chihuahua Breeders in Florida (FL)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Ohio (OH)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Pennsylvania (PA)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Wisconsin (WI)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Georgia (GA)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Michigan (MI)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Virginia (VA)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Indiana (IN)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Massachusetts (MA)
- Chihuahua Breeders in California (CA)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Texas (TX)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Missouri (MO)
- Chihuahua Breeders in North Carolina (NC)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Arizona (AZ)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Illinois (IL)
- Chihuahua Breeders in New Jersey (NJ)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Colorado (CO)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Minnesota (MN)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Alabama (AL)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Maryland (MD)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Kentucky (KY)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Oregon (OR)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Tennessee (TN)
- Chihuahua Breeders in New York (NY)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Connecticut (CT)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Iowa (IA)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Mississippi (MS)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Louisiana (LA)
- Chihuahua Breeders in Oklahoma (OK)
- Chihuahua Breeders in New Hampshire (NH)
How to Choose a Good Chihuahua Seller and Breeder
It may seem challenging to choose a good seller and breeder of Chihuahuas because there are many possibilities. You don’t need an academic qualification or something like in principle.
The only factor you must look for is a thorough knowledge of the Chihuahua breed and genuine affection for the pups. Even so, it just gives you a general idea of what to look for in a breeder.
As a reputable Chihuahua seller and breeder, you should seek the following:
A reputable seller and breeder should:
- Thoroughly select the dogs utilized for breeding
- Have a positive and trusting connection with a particular vet
- Have the puppy’s vet appointments and vaccinations
- Take your time and be pleased to answer any questions you may have
- To get to understand you, ask direct questions
- Allow yourself the opportunity to meet the pups and their parents
- Allow you to see your puppy’s house but not before it reaches at least eight weeks old and has been weaned
It would be best if you check out the puppy beside the breeder. As a result, you may wish to conduct your independent study on the breed.
You may also check if the breeder has a thorough understanding of the breed. This way, you can ensure he will be trustworthy if you ask for information about the puppy.
What Is the Average Price of a Chihuahua Puppy in a Breeder?
If you plan to get a Chihuahua puppy from a breeder, the actual cost would depend on many factors. Still, the average price of a Chihuahua puppy would be around $500 to $1500. Some puppies would even cost more than $3000.
Among the factors that can change the price would be the puppy’s size, bloodline, health, etc. The breeder’s reputation or name may also affect the price.
Besides the puppy’s price, you should also include other expenses in the budget. For instance, a Chihuahua puppy needs essential food, toys, grooming tools, and even vet checkups.
In short, you may want to prepare more budget than the actual price of your puppy.
Pros and Cons of Getting a Chihuahua Puppy From a Breeder
If you’d like to adopt a Chihuahua, the perfect place to look is at breeders. However, it would be best if you considered all of the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing a Chihuahua puppy from a breeder before making your decision.
This way, you’ll be prepared and won’t be caught off guard if any of these drawbacks occur.
Your dog’s health is essential.
If you buy a Chihuahua from a breeder, you can rest assured that it will receive all necessary health care. Consistent vet check-ups and complete immunization are examples of such practices.
The best possible care for your dog
When it comes to rearing these puppies, breeders have a set of strict criteria. As a result, you can be assured that you will receive a healthy puppy and one that has been given additional attention and affection.
Your puppy’s training
You won’t have any trouble housebreaking a puppy you purchase from a breeder. As a result, you’ll find it simpler to keep up with the job they’ve started.
Resources and a dependable guide
If it comes to the breeds they raise, breeders are specialists.
As a result, you can only obtain the most excellent advice from somebody who knows what to do to train a Chihuahua properly.
Advice and assistance for the rest of your life
If you buy your Chihuahua from a breeder, the breeder will want to keep in touch with both of you. They can also get you in touch with other Chihuahua parents. You will always have support and direction if you do it this way.
Searching is a burden.
While we compiled a list above, it does not ensure that a puppy will be available for you right away. As a result, you may find yourself dialing several numbers and visiting several places.
Dreadful procedures and demands
Most breeders anticipate at least two or three visits. You’ll be able to mingle with the pups and pick the ideal one for you this way. In other words, you’ll spend extra cost and resources than the dog is worth.
In most situations, there is a long waiting list.
Even if the puppies aren’t born yet, Chihuahua breeders usually have an owner. As a result, you may find breeders who place you on a waiting list. To ensure that you have the best opportunity, contact several breeders at the same time.
Dealing with picky breeders
It would be best if you dealt with breeders, who might be pretty demanding. But don’t be concerned; it’s a positive indication. Still, it would be best if you created a positive first impression.
Chihuahua pups are fun to have as pets. They make lovely companions for all types of individuals, aside from their attractive look. They can make you fall in love with their kindness and cuteness.
In many ways, though, the act of locating one and keeping for one is a chore. Aside from the high total costs, going through each step might be inconvenient.
In the end, it’s all about how much you can tolerate. You’ll be rewarded with the love and companionship of a great Chihuahua puppy if you continue to do so.
Image credits – Canva