Many people love the Maltese breed for many reasons. This breed is famous for being gentle, affectionate, intelligent, responsive, and trusting. These pups make great family pets. Thus, it comes as one of the many dream pets they wish.
Now, if it’s your first time getting a pet, you may find it surprisingly hard to search for the right Maltese breeder. Moreover, you’ll find it challenging to find the right puppy for you.
If you want to ease the hassle a bit, this one’s for you. The following articles contain information that will help you. Below, you can see a list of Maltese Breeders in each state. You can look at whatever state you’re in or near.
We wish you luck as you search for your Maltese!
- 1 List of Maltese Breeders
- 2 How to Choose a Good Maltese Seller and Breeder
- 2.1 Asks more questions than you
- 2.2 Shows breeding experience
- 2.3 Insists on visiting the dog’s future home
- 2.4 Tells you any health problems
- 2.5 Not in a hurry to send off
- 2.6 Shows all the paperwork
- 2.7 Provides you with past customers’ record
- 2.8 Requires expectations on both sides
- 2.9 Doesn’t sell enough puppies to make it worthwhile
- 2.10 Sends puppies properly
- 2.11 Works only with one or two breeds
- 3 What Is the Average Price of a Maltese Puppy in a Breeder?
- 4 Pros and Cons of Getting a Maltese Puppy From a Breeder
- 4.1 Pros
- 4.2 Cons
- 5 Summary
- 6 Resources
List of Maltese Breeders
- Maltese Breeders in Florida (FL)
- Maltese Breeders in New Jersey (NJ)
- Maltese Breeders in Maryland (MD)
- Maltese Breeders in Pennsylvania (PA)
- Maltese Breeders in Illinois (IL)
- Maltese Breeders in Virginia (VA)
- Maltese Breeders in Arizona (AZ)
- Maltese Breeders in Georgia (GA)
- Maltese Breeders in Texas (TX)
- Maltese Breeders in Massachusetts (MA)
- Maltese Breeders in Kentucky (KY)
- Maltese Breeders in North Carolina (NC)
- Maltese Breeders in Tennessee (TN)
- Maltese Breeders in California (CA)
- Maltese Breeders in Connecticut (CT)
- Maltese Breeders in Michigan (MI)
- Maltese Breeders in Colorado (CO)
- Maltese Breeders in Indiana (IN)
- Maltese Breeders in Missouri (MO)
- Maltese Breeders in New York (NY)
- Maltese Breeders in Oregon (OR)
- Maltese Breeders in Minnesota (MN)
- Maltese Breeders in Louisiana (LA)
- Maltese Breeders in Alabama (AL)
- Maltese Breeders in South Carolina (SC)
- Maltese Breeders in Wisconsin (WI)
- Maltese Breeders in Mississippi (MS)
- Maltese Breeders in Arkansas (AR)
- Maltese Breeders in Iowa (IA)
- Maltese Breeders in Ohio (OH)
- Maltese Breeders in Utah (UT)
- Maltese Breeders in Oklahoma (OK)
- Maltese Breeders in Kansas (KS)
- Maltese Breeders in Nebraska (NE)
- Maltese Breeders in Washington (WA)
- Maltese Breeders in Maine (ME)
- Maltese Breeders in Hawaii (HI)
- Maltese Breeders in Idaho (ID)
- Maltese Breeders in Delaware (DE)
How to Choose a Good Maltese Seller and Breeder
If you want the best Maltese you can get, the place to find is a good seller and breeder. Thus, in picking your pet, you may want to consider getting it from the best.
You will know a good breeder and seller from the following characteristics:
Asks more questions than you
A good breeder would ask for more items from you than you would for him or her.
Shows breeding experience
A good breeder shows her dogs in recognized confirmation shows. He or she will also join his or her breed in other breed-related performance events.
Insists on visiting the dog’s future home
A good breeder would want to see where the Maltese will spend its days. Further, he’ll see if there will be problems so that he or she can address them even before you get your pet.
Tells you any health problems
A good breeder will tell you any significant health problems in any of the dogs he or she bred.
Not in a hurry to send off
A good breeder is not in a hurry to send the puppies off and get your money.
Shows all the paperwork
A good breeder will want you to see the pup’s pedigree and health clearances.
Provides you with past customers’ record
A good breeder will show you references, even of people who bought puppies from him or her. He or she will even show you other breeders and veterinarians caring for their dogs.
Requires expectations on both sides
A good breeder will create a contract that offers not only what he or she expects from you. More than that, he or she will also show what you can expect from him or her.
Doesn’t sell enough puppies to make it worthwhile
A good breeder doesn’t breed too many puppies to earn so much. He or she won’t even accept credit cards.
Sends puppies properly
A good breeder will never send a puppy in a compartment and without any responsible person to go with it.
Works only with one or two breeds
A good breeder works only with a single or a couple of species.
What Is the Average Price of a Maltese Puppy in a Breeder?
The average price of a Maltese comes in the range of $700-$3000. Some breeders with low standards may charge you even around $600. However, you may expect a higher price for a pet-quality one, around $2500 to $3000.
The price for these pups depends on many vital factors. Among these are feeding, sheltering, and medicine.
It would also be best if you can include the vet care and training and the other necessities of your pup.
In short, it’s not only the actual price that you need to prepare. You also need to prepare for the other expenses that come with it.
Pros and Cons of Getting a Maltese Puppy From a Breeder
A Maltese Breeder is the only place to go if you want to buy a well-cared and bred Maltese. Thus, it’s a great place to start a search for your canine companion.
Still, it would be best to remember that getting a Maltese puppy from a breeder isn’t for everyone. Thus, here are a few pros and cons to think over if you consider a new pet’s commitment.
You will get guided as you choose your puppy.
Breeders know what’s the ideal choice for you. Thus, you’ll receive the best opinion from someone who knows Maltese well.
You get a well-cared and bred Maltese puppy.
If you get your Maltese from a breeder, you can ensure it’s well-cared and bred.
You get lifetime support and guidance.
Responsible breeders tend to stay in contact with you. Thus, you’ll receive any assistance whenever you need it.
You get unlimited advice.
A good breeder knows the puppy well, and he’ll give you good advice that will help you deal with your new puppy.
You get a puppy ready for training.
Any reputable breeder would have started housebreaking your puppy. Thus, you’ll have an easier way to keep up with the work they started.
You get a healthy puppy.
A reputable breeder would give you a puppy that’s free from genetic disease and is healthy. Thus, it would be a great save from money in the long run.
It can be challenging to find a good breeder.
The list above contains every breeder near you. However, it will also take you the effort to see which one fits your preference. Thus, you may need to do your research once you decide on one.
The process may take a lot of time and effort.
Most breeders expect visitations at least two or more times. This way, you’ll socialize with the puppies and choose the right one for you. In short, you’ll spend more money and effort than the actual price of the puppy.
You need to make a good impression.
Reputable breeders also can be picky with future owners. For this reason, you may need to give them a good impression.
You may have to wait for your puppy.
There usually is a waiting list even before the puppies are born. For this reason, it would be best to look out for planned litter! It would also be ideal to contact 2-3 breeders so you can have better chances.
A Maltese pup is one of the best pets you can get due to many reasons. However, it can be challenging to get one from a breeder. Aside from the expensive costs it takes, you also need to make a lot of effort and spend a lot of time on the process.
This guide should be handy since it gives you a directory of every Maltese breeder near your area. Thus, you’ll already have a starting point.
As always, it would be best to persevere and adhere to the process. In the end, it will be all for the health and safe well-being of your future pet.
Image credits – Canva